This June, follow the sun to the Italian Alps: enjoy mountaineering, hiking, biking and sunbathing at the Mineralienhotel.
Cultural Sights: Brixen/Neustift, Bozen, Bruneck and Meran
The region captures a rich cultural heritage - combining both the Alpine staidness and the Italian cuisine and joie-de-vivre. An adventure in South Tyrol is an ultimate discovery experience, an unforgettable mix between a Mediterranean flair and mountain peaks.
Top 4 must-see sites in Brixen/Neustift
- Augustinian Abbey of Neustift, which combines a baroque monastery church and an art gallery with an impressive collection of Gothic panel paintings. More info here.
- Diocesan Museum Hofburg, housing works by 19th-century Tyrolean artists and used to be the residence of the Prince-Bishops of Brixen/Bressanone. More info here.
- Cloister of Brixen, built around 1200 to testify to the town’s importance. More info here.
- Baroque Cathedral of Brixen, an emblem of the city. More info here.
Brixen/Neustift is 6 kilometres away from Mineralienhotel. We will be happy to advise you of the more activities in the surrounding area.
Credits photography: Dorena wm and Clemens V. Vogelsang
Top 5 cultural sights in Bozen
- Messner Mountain Museum, not a conventional art or natural science museums; it has a truly unique and exciting interdisciplinary design. More info here.
- Ötzi Museum, dedicated to one of the world’s best-known and most important mummies: "Ötzi the Iceman". More info here.
- South Tyrol’s Museum for Modern and Contemporary Art, opened in 2008. More info here.
- "The Painted Castle", the romantic Castel Roncolo, home of the largest cycle of profane-themed frescoes in the world. More info here.
- Flavon/Haselburg Castle, to enjoy fine, light lunchtime snacks, South Tyrolean specialities, and homemade cake on the sunny terrace overlooking Bolzano/Bozen. More info here.
Bozen is located 47 km away from the hotel. We will be happy to recommend more activities in the surrounding area.
Credits photography: Michael Behrens and Siegfried Rabanser
Top 5 cultural and historical sights in Bruneck
- Parish Church, a neo-Romanesque church in Bruneck/Brunico with a Gothic apse and an ancestral portrait gallery for noble families.
- Ursuline Church, housing Johannes of Bruneck's frescoes dating from around 1420.
- The Earth Pyramids in Percha, which are changing constantly with new pillars forming all the time, especially in winter and spring.
- Bruneck Castle, the historical symbol of the city.
- The South Tyrolean Folklore Museum, with original farmhouses, craft workshops and cottage gardens.
Brunneck is situated 27 km away from Mineralienhotel. You can read more about the above-mentioned activities by clicking on this link. We will be happy to advise you of the many activities in the area.
Credits photography: Simon Bierwald
Top 6 things to do in Meran
- The Kurhaus, a masterpiece of Art Nouveau in honour of the illustrious spa visitors. More info here.
- Thermal Baths in the historical spa town, designed by the star architect (a South Tyrolean) Matteo Thun. More info here.
- Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle, are a botanical garden named Italy’s Most Beautiful Garden in 2005. It is nestled into a twelve-hectare amphitheatre with an altitude differential of 100 meters. More info here.
- Monteleone or Lebenberg Castle, the beautifully preserved thirteenth-century castle that we recommend for connoisseurs of medieval wall paintings in particular.
- Schloss Tyrol and the South Tyrolean Museum of Culture and History, to gain an insight into the building’s history and that of the Counts of Tyrol. More info here.
- Castle Schenna, home to a painting and portrait gallery, a weapons collection, as well as numerous art-historic objects of Tyrolean history. More info here.
Meran is 80 km away from the hotel. We will be happy to recommend more activities and things to do while in Meran.