Top 4 must-see sites in Brixen/Neustift
- Augustinian Abbey of Neustift, which combines a baroque monastery church and an art gallery with an impressive collection of Gothic panel paintings. More info here.
- Diocesan Museum Hofburg, housing works by 19th-century Tyrolean artists and used to be the residence of the Prince-Bishops of Brixen/Bressanone. More info here.
- Cloister of Brixen, built around 1200 to testify to the town’s importance. More info here.
- Baroque Cathedral of Brixen, an emblem of the city. More info here.
Brixen/Neustift is 6 kilometres away from Mineralienhotel.
Credits photography: Dorena wm and Clemens V. Vogelsang
Top 5 cultural and historical sights in Bruneck
- Parish Church, a neo-Romanesque church in Bruneck/Brunico with a Gothic apse and an ancestral portrait gallery for noble families.
- Ursuline Church, housing Johannes of Bruneck's frescoes dating from around 1420.
- The Earth Pyramids in Percha, which are changing constantly with new pillars forming all the time, especially in winter and spring.
- Bruneck Castle, the historical symbol of the city.
- The South Tyrolean Folklore Museum, with original farmhouses, craft workshops and cottage gardens.
Brunneck is situated 27 km away from Mineralienhotel. You can read more about the above-mentioned activities by clicking on this link. We will be happy to advise you of the many activities in the area.
Credits photography: Simon Bierwald
Top 5 cultural sights in Bozen
- Messner Mountain Museum, not a conventional art or natural science museums; it has a truly unique and exciting interdisciplinary design. More info here.
- Ötzi Museum, dedicated to one of the world’s best-known and most important mummies: "Ötzi the Iceman". More info here.
- South Tyrol’s Museum for Modern and Contemporary Art, opened in 2008. More info here.
- "The Painted Castle", the romantic Castel Roncolo, home of the largest cycle of profane-themed frescoes in the world. More info here.
- Flavon/Haselburg Castle, to enjoy fine, light lunchtime snacks, South Tyrolean specialities, and homemade cake on the sunny terrace overlooking Bolzano/Bozen. More info here.
Bozen is located 47 km away from the hotel. We will be happy to recommend more activities in the surrounding area.
Credits photography: Michael Behrens and Siegfried Rabanser
Top 6 things to do in Meran
- The Kurhaus, a masterpiece of Art Nouveau in honour of the illustrious spa visitors. More info here.
- Thermal Baths in the historical spa town, designed by the star architect (a South Tyrolean) Matteo Thun. More info here.
- Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle, are a botanical garden named Italy’s Most Beautiful Garden in 2005. It is nestled into a twelve-hectare amphitheatre with an altitude differential of 100 meters. More info here.
- Monteleone or Lebenberg Castle, the beautifully preserved thirteenth-century castle that we recommend for connoisseurs of medieval wall paintings in particular.
- Schloss Tyrol and the South Tyrolean Museum of Culture and History, to gain an insight into the building’s history and that of the Counts of Tyrol. More info here.
- Castle Schenna, home to a painting and portrait gallery, a weapons collection, as well as numerous art-historic objects of Tyrolean history. More info here.
Meran is 80 km away from the hotel.
Credits photography: Lukas Laszlo
Autumnal highlight in South Tyrol: Experience the magic of September!
Hiking, Törggelen, and breathtaking sunsets! Enjoy the golden autumn in South Tyrol with our special "South Tyrolean Autumn Magic" package.